Monthly Auto Maintenance Check List
May 3rd, 2017
By Sydny Atwood
Updated May 3rd, 2017
Leesburg, Virginia - Miles can add up quickly, especially if you have a long commute, take care of your vehicle by performing regular preventative maintenance checks:
Quick Monthly DIY Checks:
• Tire inflation, visual check, and treadwear check.
• Oil and transmission fluids
• All exterior lights
• Windshield washer fluid
Every 5,000 Miles
• The standard recommendation for an oil change is 5,000 miles, verify with your auto-care provider
• Getting a tire rotation while in for your oil change will help ensure you get the most miles out of your tires.
Every 15,000 Miles
cabin air filter
carbon canister filter
Battery for reserve power, check battery cables for condition clean and clamps for corrosion.
Engine’s serpentine belt for signs of visible wear.
All hoses for connections
Every 30,000 Miles
• Flush transmission fluid, replace transmission filter
• Flush coolant from radiator and perform pressure test to check for leaks before replacing the coolant
• Have a full diagnostic check run – there can be small issues that the engine’s computer can still register that don’t illuminate the Check Engine light.
• Lubricate and hinges, such as door or hood.
Every 60,000 Miles
• Repeat the 30,000-mile maintenance checklist
• It may be time to replace your timing belt, check your owner's manual.
• Check the condition of your brake pads and rotors.]
Every 100,000 Miles
• Today’s spark plugs are designed to last 100,000 miles.
• Have a compression check on all cylinders done
Published by Hogan & Sons Tire and Auto | www.hoganandsonsinc.com | Author: Sydny Atwood | Copyright May 2017
*Always check your owner’s manual for your vehicle model’s specific instructions before attempting any type of repair.