Best Tire Shops in Virginia
Your Virginia Tire Shop Headquarters
If your search for the best tire shops in Virginia led you here, your search is over! At any Hogan & Sons location, you’ll find a great selection of brand-new tires from major brands, such as Goodyear, Kumho, Firestone, Bridgestone, and more. If you’d like help choosing new tires, our Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certified mechanics will be glad to make a recommendation.
Buy New Tires Now From Our Online Tire Shop
It couldn’t be easier to browse our tire inventory with our online tool. Just select the Hogan & Sons location that’s most convenient for you, then search by tire size, type of vehicle, or your license plate. You’ll see a selection of name-brand tires that are right for your needs and be able to compare your selections. Then, you can either save your price quote or request an appointment.
Count On Our Expert Tire Installation
When it’s time to replace your tires, you can trust the professional mechanics at Hogan & Sons to do it right. We’ll make sure that your new tires are properly mounted, balanced, and aligned for optimum performance and safety on the road. Our tire installation service also includes checking lug nuts for wear, installing new valve stems, measuring disc brake caliper clearance, and correcting torque by tightening lug nuts.
Make Your Tires Last With Regular Tire Rotation
Maintaining even wear across all four tires is one of the most effective ways to get more miles from your tires. Our mechanics recommend that you have your tires rotated every 3,000 to 6,000 miles. It’s also a good idea to have them rotated at the same time you come into Hogan & Sons for your regular oil change service.
There are several signs you can watch for that may indicate it’s time for tire rotation service. Schedule an appointment with us if you notice your car or truck pulling to one side, vibrations in your steering wheel while driving, or uneven tread wear. In addition, if you frequently drive in stop-and-go traffic, through road construction, over potholes, or on uneven terrain, you may need tire rotation more frequently.
Protect Your Vehicle With Our Tire Alignment Service
Tire alignment—also known as wheel alignment—is done to correct imbalances that cause your wheels to point in different directions. These imbalances can result in excessive tire wear or the failure of your vehicle’s suspension and even make your car or truck unsafe to drive.
Signs That It’s Time for New Tires
A quick check will tell you if your tires need to be replaced. Here’s what to do:
- Look for tread wear and measure your tread depth. Just insert a penny into the tread with Lincoln’s head down. If the top of Lincoln’s head is visible, your tread is less than 1/16”, and the tire should be replaced. If you have radial tires, look at the tread wear indicator (also known as the tire wear bar) on your tires to see if it’s exposed; this is another sign that you need new tires.
- Closely inspect each tire for damage, such as punctures or cracks. Note: If there is damage to a tire’s sidewall, you need to replace it as soon as you can.
- Look for anything that’s embedded in your tires, such as rocks, nails, or small pieces of metal or glass.
- Regularly check your tire pressure. You can expect all tires to lose about one pound per square inch every month; if your tires are losing pressure more quickly than that, you may need new tires.
How To Extend the Life of Your New Tires
You can make your investment in your tires go farther by taking a few simple steps, including:
- Careful driving: Driving over uneven surfaces or potholes can’t always be avoided, but you can slow down. Tire manufacturers offer a recommendation for maximum speed, which helps reduce the extra heat that speeding causes and that results in premature tire wear. Cornering and braking hard also contribute to faster wear.
- Tire rotation: Regular rotation goes a long way toward evening out tread wear and reducing the chance of deep wear in certain spots.
- Tire balancing: Uneven wear due to the tires being out of balance can shorten the life of your tires.
- Watching tire pressure: Use a high-quality gauge to check your tire pressure about once a month, or more often if you regularly put a lot of miles on your vehicle. Maintaining tire pressure within a range that keeps your tires from being overinflated or underinflated helps reduce excess tread wear. Check your owner’s manual for the manufacturer’s recommendation for proper inflation.
- Reduce weight: Most tires are designed for normal, day-to-day driving. Unless you have tires on your car or truck that are rated for heavy weights, try to lighten the load on your tires by removing heavy items from your trunk or truck bed unless you’re transporting them. If you regularly tow a trailer, ask our tire shop technicians for their recommendation on the type of tire that’s best for you.
How To Save On Tires and Tire Services
The next time you need new tires or need to have your tires serviced, visit our coupons page first. We regularly offer coupons and special promotions on alignment checks, instant savings plus manufacturer rebates on name-brand tires, and deals on tire rotation along with a standard oil change.
To make all of your auto repairs easier on your budget, Hogan & Sons offers the Goodyear credit card for tire specials and six-month special financing. The card includes double rebates on your purchase of Goodyear Tires and low monthly payments, and there’s no annual fee.
Want to be the first to know when we have new ways to save? Use the form at the bottom of the page to sign up for special offer emails.
Make Hogan & Sons Your One-Stop Tire Shop
Whether you’re looking for the best tire deals or experts to service your tires, the tire pros at any Hogan & Sons location have you covered. We’ve been serving the needs of drivers in Virginia since 1984 with the highest-quality workmanship and dedication to customer satisfaction. Call or visit us today, or book an appointment online now.
Professionals You Trust. Service Beyond Expectations.
At Hogan & Sons, our highest priority is serving our customers. We are 100% committed to you, our valued customer. We strive to make every part of your experience with us hassle-free and pleasant.Request a quote